Assembler I | Non-exempt
Reports to: Production Supervisor
The Assembler I at dB Control must have the ability to solder PC Board Assemblies and cable assemblies to current acceptable standards. Must read assembly drawings and instructions for identifying electronic components and color codes. Perform routine electronic or mechanical assembly tasks under a moderate amount of supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs a variety of routine mechanical or electronic assembly operations following specific written and verbal instructions.
- Performs routine wiring, soldering and other related electronic or mechanical assembly processes.
- Makes routine mechanical or electronic adjustments and alignments.
- Reads and interprets routine assembly schematics and drawings.
- Performs related electronic or mechanical assembly duties utilizing standard assembly tools plus any special tools and fixtures as required.
- Performs rework resulting from drawing change notices.
- Checks own work for conformance to workmanship standards.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Machines & Equipment Used: Soldering irons and hand tools such as cutters, crimpers, strippers, component bending, power tools, pliers, and screw drivers, etc.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of (1) year directly applicable assembly experience required
- Must be able to meet specific requirements of the work environment and have the ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- J-Std. Certificate a plus, but not required
- Mil Std. soldering a plus, but not required
- Experience in building cable harnesses a plus but not required
- Ability to perform rework