The Purchasing Agent is responsible for procuring Hi-Reliability Electronic components for commercial and Mil-Standard requirements in an efficient, cost-effective expeditious manner. The principal activities and duties may include but not limited to the following:
- Select and develop competitive sources of supply in accordance with good business practices, company policies and procedures and government regulations.
- Coordinate activities with other internal departments/teams.
- Resolves internal/external and interface issues.
- Possess thorough understanding of procurement principles and their application,
with knowledge of materials and manufacturing processes.
- Apprises management of supplier progress and/or issues.
- Develops and maintains good ethical supplier relationships.
- Investigate, analyze and negotiate prices, source selection, delivery, quality requirements, terms/conditions for procurement of assigned commodities or services and acts as a committing authority for the company in relationship with suppliers.
- Supports engineering by way of literature, sample request, pricing or lead time on
prototypes or new product development.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist and support other Purchasing Agents as needed.
- Plans purchases and buys electromechanical and make to print commodities from MRP suggestions.
- Purchases MRO commodities off purchase requisitions.
- Expedites own orders and follows up on back orders.
- Develops and qualifies new suppliers as required in accordance and coordination with dB Control Supplier Quality Approval Standards.
- Manages current supplier performance in quality and delivery performance.
- Conforms to all purchasing procedures established in the quality manual.
- Maintains the integrity of MRP accuracy as it pertains to the commodity assigned.
- Flexible with the ability to work under and meet deadlines while
handling a heavy workload.
- Demonstrate excellent written/oral communication, negotiation and administrative skills.
- Work with limited supervision to effectively utilize time and project management skills.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High school graduate or equivalent required. Some college preferred. Two (2) to five (5) years of equivalent experience in all aspects of procurement with working knowledge of MRP systems. PC literate with experience in MS Word, Excel, and database programs. Excellent organizational and Interpersonal skills. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrated ability to learn and apply new concepts within a required time frame.