RF/Microwave Test Technician III | Nonexempt
Department: RF Microwave & Modules
Duties and Responsibilities
- Tune and test RF/microwave hybrid components, including, but not limited to, amplifiers, oscillators, filters, switches and modules/integrated microwave assemblies using test equipment with manual or automated test stations.
- Review test data to ensure the hardware is meeting specifications.
- Work under a microscope for extended periods of time in a clean or non-clean room environment.
- Help other technician (s) to resolve issue (s) during tuning and testing.
- Help train other technicians to tune and test existing and new hybrid products.
- AS/AA degree in electrical/electronic, or related military training/experience.
- Seven (7) year minimum related experience in tuning and testing hybrid components, including, but not limited to, oscillators, amplifiers, filters, switches and modules along with related Analog/Digital circuits.
- Ability to troubleshoot to the component level of a circuit.
- Ability to operate test equipment such as power meters, microwave counters, phase noise analyzers, vector network analyzers, voltage/current multimeters, spectrum analyzers, RF signal generators, function generators, oscilloscopes, noise figure meters.
- Ability to use wire bonders.
- Must be self-motivated, work independently, have good communication skills and is detail oriented.
- Must be able to read and work from Assembly drawings and Test procedures.
- Must be able to follow verbal and/or written instructions from engineers.
- Basic computer skills with MS Word, Excel.