Sr. Design Engineer – Power Electronics
The Design Electrical Engineer position will perform engineering duties, performs a variety of power electronics engineering assignments involving the design and development of new or modified products, receiving a minimum of direct supervision. dB Control supplies mission critical products worldwide to military organizations as well as to major defense contractors. dB Control designs and manufactures reliable high power TWTA’s and HVPS (SMPS).
- Participates in the overall detailed product design of power electronics by assuming responsibility for smaller projects, or a designated portion of a major project.
- Performs modification of existing products as a response to customer requirements, improve performance or manufacturability of complex assemblies.
- Interfaces with other organizations such as purchasing, marketing, quality assurance as needed to carry out responsibilities.
- Prepares preliminary drawings, design sketches and process specifications that can be translated into manufacturing drawings by the design drafting department.
- Works with manufacturing during pilot run and first production runs, to assist in the efficient transition from design into production.
- Direct the work of technical support personnel and lower level engineers as required.
- Experience with design, validation, and integration of power electronics circuits used for A/DC, DC/DC, and Switched Mode Power Supplies.
- Working knowledge in the design, development and operation pertaining to high voltage switching power supplies is preferred.
- Experience with related manufacturing processes used in the production of analog/digital/switching power supplies.
- Experience working and collaborating with a team.
- Experience in high power microwave RF theory and operation a plus.
- Experience with circuit analysis/simulation-modeling methods, pcb layout, mechanical packaging a plus.
- S. citizenship required
- Typically requires a Bachelors degree in Engineering, Physics or other related technical discipline or the equivalent plus a minimum of seven (7) years electronic engineering experience.