dB Control Signs +$10 Million in Defense Contracts to Provide TWT Amplifiers and Microwave Power Modules for Radar and Surveillance Systems
Fremont, Calif. – dB Control, an established manufacturer known for its reliable, high-power microwave amplifiers, radar transmitters and power supplies, has recently signed several contracts worth more than $10 million to provide high-power traveling wave tube (TWT) amplifiers and microwave power modules (MPMs) to major U.S. defense contractors supplying the U.S. Army, Navy and Air Force. Each of these contracts has the potential for renewal over the next six to eight years.
While dB Control cannot name the exact customers, product specifications or specific military installations, a general description of these contracts follow:
- The largest contract worth close to $3 million is from the U.S. Air Force for high-power, power-combined TWTAs for radar applications.
- A multi-year contract worth $2.9 million is from an international defense contractor for a follow-on product order of X-Band TWTAs.
- Several contracts from major U.S. and foreign defense contractors, worth a combined total of $2.7 million, will provide the military with TWTAs and MPMs for Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) systems for Unmanned Aeronautical Vehicles (UAVs).
- An $800,000 contract from a well-known U.S. defense contractor is for the development of high-power TWTAs for use in Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) data collection applications
- A major contractor for the U.S. Navy awarded dB Control a contract worth $800,000 to provide high-power TWTAs for airborne electronic-countermeasures (ECM).
“In the last fifteen months dB Control has almost doubled our total floor space from 22,500 to 40,000 square feet, including expanding our potting laboratory to meet the rising demand for higher rate of TWTA and MPM production.” said Joe Hajduk, CEO. “dB Control is a world-class manufacturing facility of not only our own products, but also provides high-voltage specialized contract manufacturing, repair depot, and testing services.”