Reports to: Production Manager
The Electronic Technician II at dB Control is responsible for performing a variety of technical assignments such as testing, troubleshooting, maintaining and calibrating electronic and/or mechanical equipment. Tests high voltage AC and DC switching mode power supplies and sub-assemblies for performance capabilities and design adequacy. Integration of power supplies to the Traveling Waves Tubes (TWT), and perform RF testing, environmental stress screening, altitude test, and vibration test. Troubleshoot analog and digital circuits down to the component level. Have a good understanding of power electronic theory. Have a good working knowledge of test equipment such as oscilloscopes, DMM’s, RF signal generator, spectrum analyzer, and power meters. Works from sketches and verbal instructions under limited supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Test subassemblies per data sheet.
- Performs electronic, mechanical and technical assignments such as building prototypes, troubleshooting, calibrating, adjusting, testing and maintaining equipment, components and systems; works from schematics, engineering drawings, written or verbal instructions.
- Conducts testing of electronic and mechanical systems.
- Operates related electronic, mechanical and laboratory equipment necessary to construct, test, evaluate, process, repair and maintain specific products or equipment.
- Recommends changes or modifications to improve general operation or the quality of special products and equipment, measurements performed and equipment utilized.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 3 years’ related experience or a combination of education and direct experience of 5 years.
- AA/AS degree in related technology or equivalent technical training; equivalent experience or combination of schooling and experience preferred.
- Good understanding of the instruments and equipment encountered in assigned area.